Have you ever heard the statement “There are no atheists in foxholes“? It’s an aphorism used to argue that in times of extreme stress or fear, such as in war, all people will believe in, or hope for, a higher power.
First and foremost – I’m NOT questioning anyone’s faith literally. I’m simply using this statement to illustrate a point.
AFTER I contacted Rippln DIRECTLY – and NOT hiding behind social media or a blog – leaders in Rippln decided to post, “There are 2 ways to have the tallest building in town. Build the tallest building or tear all the others down.” I’m not being pompous – but they were speaking directly to me.
AFTER seeing it – and 100% in the open under the Blog bearing my REAL name – I decided to state my case on why I was leaving Rippln.
AFTER seeing my Blog Post – Rippln all of the sudden felt compelled to have a conversation for several reasons today via video – youtu.be/JdN4ACEla-A. The several reasons? Being a little pompous this time – my Blog Post – www.weswyatt.com/blog/mobile-marketing/why-i-left-rippln/, my Facebook Post – www.facebook.com/weswyatt/posts/10153248837225109, and all the ripples they were causing. (You people ROCK! It not easy telling and/or admitting the truth – but it sure feels good! And I greatly appreciate ALL the kudos!)
It’s amazing how all this come about when leadership found themselves in a “foxhole” taking on virtual fire from the public huh?
So what did the video have to say?
- That for SOME of the people in Rippln – expectations weren’t met. Thank you Captain Obvious! What expectations HAVE been met? It’s OK though – because they’re sorry. We’re adults! You can’t kiss or blow on our cuts to make ‘em feel better!
- They took the time to thank those that form the Rippln Team. Of course they neglected to mention the team member they just canned and left high and dry. Wanting to do the right thing ISN’T rewarded – it’s THREATENED and/or in the case of the before mentioned team member – TERMINATED!
- Whether they overshot it or undershot it they WERE NOT prepared for the impact after launching the Buzz Phase. REALLY Captain Obvious? We hadn’t noticed!
- They believe (We KNOW because they told us all the time) that TENS of MILLIONS of DOLLARS would have changed hands and that there are people watching the video that would have made HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS and that was the expectation (THAT YOU GAVE US). No guarantees of income though (Even though they admit they believed it)!
- They changed the comp plan – and THEN had banking problems because they needed a bank that could handle 50 MILLION DOLLARS of transactions in the first 30 days. WHY? They’d lowered the possibilities of payouts to next to nothing. And so far as money coming in – even if 20% of EVERYONE (Real and Fake) in Rippln become a Player at TODAY’S inflated number of 1.5 Million – that would only be 30 Million. And THAT’S a ridiculous pipe dream considering less than .003% of the people in Rippln became Players. Could they find a bank that could handle a HALF MILLION DOLLAR transaction over 30 days? You CAN in 60 days I guess!
- Based on engagement within the Rippln Community they needed to be able to handle 200,000 CONTINUOUS users. I HAVE to see THAT data! Just to give you an idea of how insane that statement is – there are less than 85,000 people that like the Rippln Facebook Page and less than 2,000 people that follow the Rippln Twitter Stream. And I would DEFY you to find 200 of them doing ANYTHING continuously! Let alone logging into and/or doing anything in the back office – and/or using the app (Which STILL hasn’t come out – and as you can see CANNOT be due to the strain they’re claiming!).
They don’t believe there was any way they could meet the expectations day one of the vision that they casted. And that it was probably their fault in terms of creating the vision. Captain Obvious strikes AGAIN!!!
- It was a HUGE MISTAKE when they assumed that everyone in Rippln KNEW we weren’t on a regular space / time continuum. 120 days SEEMS like a lot if you’re in a traditional state of mind. But if you’re in a BUSINESS state of mind – 120 days is NOTHING! But it’s a mistake they’re taking accountability for! HOW EXACTLY?!?
- People’s lives and the ability for them to feed their families lie in Rippln’s hands. Like people they terminated after building the company a call at a time over YEARS! And they care SO much about it that it PAINS them to stay in luxury suites around the country and the world and fly entire teams 1st Class – all while their loyal “Professional Seat Fillers” (Oops – fans and players) fly coach with money they don’t have and/or drive hundreds of miles to events packed in like clown cars – and sleep 10 to an ECONOMY Room or in their cars. Why? ”Because 90% of life if showing up!” right Rippln?
- Rippln appreciates the Players that are tied to someone in the leadership team. Why? They understand business! Translation? They understand if they step out of line – EVERYTHING they’ve put in will be TERMINATED out from underneath them and they’re scared to death to break away from the cult and put down the cup they’re drinking from!
- If you’re willing to roll over and accept that you’ve been screwed out of HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars – you’ll be mentioned by name! You don’t have the money – but it’s OK because you have vision and you’re a competitor! Things are looking BRIGHT for you (As long as you don’t stop towing the company line)! Good boy! Now get back on your calls and hangouts – we have sheep to sheer!!!
- Some people are “Pissed Off” and they have EVERY RIGHT TO BE! Because what they bought into wasn’t delivered – and that’s Rippln’s fault. It doesn’t make it right and it doesn’t make it wrong – but it also doesn’t make Rippln a bad company. HUH?!? As one of the pissed off people – I’m here to say it sure the hell doesn’t make you a GOOD company! But wait – it’s OK because that’s the reality of business.
- One of the things we should have done better when we changed the compensation plan was created more clarity on how it would work. Hey Captain Obvious – good to see your rock solid insights are back once again!!!
- Now that they’ve been caught – you’re going to be seeing A LOT more validation and training! And mistakes WILL be made! But they’re going to be depending on us to catch them again. GREAT to know!
- Your frustrations are warranted. They’re frustrated too! But that’s great because – the greater the struggle / the greater the victory!!! Man alive! There must be a victory the size of the universe on the way!!!
In this case – Rippln HOPES you choose to believe what they’re shoveling – and that you’ll continue to welcome sunshine being blown up your rear-end.
If you share their vision – I guess the statement, “You can’t throw alarm clocks into the graveyard and expect to wake the dead.” – is TRUE! And there’s great news! There’s a Part 2 of this video coming with more for you to drink up!
However I TRULY hope you’ve FINALLY realized Rippln’s Unrealistic Vision is just that – and will very likely never become anything more.
I’ll share the same advice in this post as I did in my previous one – “Why I Left Rippln“.
- Leave Rippln!
- Request a Charge Back on whatever you’ve purchased.
- Contact the Texas Attorney General – Mr. Greg Abbott – and let him know Rippln is giving his great state a BAD name! Here’s his contact info -
- Contact Apple and let them know that reviews and ratings of Photoguessaroo are being manipulated. Here’s where to do it -
- Contact Facebook and alert them to what’s going on. Here’s where to do it -
- Make a POSITIVE Ripple – and repeat the above steps with your teams.
- Share this Blog Post.
I hope this message finds you ready to take on life away from the cult that is Rippln – and more than anything that you have a DYNAMITE day and weekend!
Last updated byat .